The International Coach Federation is the leading global organization dedicated to advancing the coaching profession by setting high standards, providing independent certification, and building a worldwide network of credentialed coaches. The ICF currently has more than 19,000 members in over 100 countries.
The ICF has become a leader in the industry by establishing an independent credentialing program that now offers coaching credentials that are recognized worldwide. ICF members also agree to a Code of Ethics that adds professionalism to the industry.
Member benefits include:
- Using the ICF Logo & Membership Certificate
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- ICF Resource Partners
- Other Member Discounts, including conferences and events (both local and global), ICF Credentialing applications, research findings, and other special offers
- Local ICF Chapters
- ICF Career Centre
- ICF Virtual Education (VE) Sessions
- Member-only Content and Updates
- Coaching Research
- ICF Online Community & Social Media Channels
- Leadership Roles
For more information, download a member benefit
Here are some of the most popular responses members give when asked why they joined the International Coach Federation:
- To belong to the premier professional coaching organization
- ICF is well-known for its commitment to raising the professional standards of coaching. Clients want to know that I'm professionally affiliated with a respected organization. I want to be able to cite the ICF code of conduct as my professional code of ethics.
- ICF provides connection to a global coaching community and legitimacy of this profession
- I believe the ICF is an important, standard-setting and unifying governance body for this budding industry.
- Excellent coaching resources
- Access to research on coaching and development opportunities within the global coaching network
- Belonging to the ICF shows my clients that I operate to a high standard of ethics and professional conduct and am committed to my own continued self development. The ICF, in my opinion, is also the way forward in credentialing and regulation of this wonderful profession.