International Coaching Week April 29 - May 5, 2019
The International Coach Federation (ICF) defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. The ICF is the largest global member network of professional coaches with over 34,000 members in 140 countries which include over 130 chapters. ICF is a pioneer in the development of global standards for professional coaching, core competencies, ethics and industry research.
All members of the International Coach Federation must possess a foundational level of coach-specific training and adhere to the ICF Code of Ethics. In addition, ICF provides professional development and network opportunities for coaches, as well as provides organizations access to credentialed coaches around the world.
The ICF Chicago chapter is one of the largest chapters within ICF Global with over 450 credentialed life and business coaches. We are a non-for-profit, professional organization of coaches that is dedicated to building, supporting, preserving and advancing the integrity of the coaching profession.
We, at ICF Chicago, commit to the core values of the International Coach Federation (ICF) Global and pledge to conduct our business and all interaction while upholding the following:
• Integrity: We uphold the highest standards both for the coaching profession and our organization, demonstrating personal integrity while adhering to the vision, mission and values of ICF Chicago at all times.
• Excellence: We consistently support and challenge each other to become expert and masterful coaches.
• Collaboration: We value the social connection and community building that occurs through collaborative partnership and co-creative achievement. We seek new opportunities in the Chicago area to make a lasting impact through our coaching and community involvement.
• Respect: We are inclusive and value the diversity and richness of our global stakeholders. We put people first, without compromising standards, policies and quality.
• Education: We embrace lifelong learning and on-going professional development.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of International Coaching Week (ICW), held from April 29 - May 4, 2019.
Directly in line with our values, we are looking to partner with organizations in the Greater Chicagoland area to provide pro bono coaching services as well as informational outreach that extends these dates and continues throughout all of 2019.
ICF defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. The research has shown that organizations who use coaches and cultivate a coaching culture experience positive change. We at ICF Chicago want to help you experience that change this year!
Opportunities for Partnership
In recognition of International Coaching Week, there are two ways to partner with the ICF Chicago chapter.
Pro Bono Coaching for the Organization
ICF Chicago is looking to partner with organizations in the Greater Chicagoland area to provide pro bono coaching services to members/employees of the organization. Our goal for organizations is for them to experience the benefits of coaching such as:
• Optimized individual/team work performance
• Improved communication
• Increased self-confidence
• Enhanced decision-making skills
• Attainment of goals
• Greater interpersonal effectiveness
However, our capacity for partnership is limited. Each organization that is not chosen for the partnership will be given the opportunity to have a free workshop on a coaching topic that directly relates to the needs of the organization as outlined in the proposal.
To apply, click here, International Coaching Week Partnership Application - ICF Chicago
The ICF Chicago chapter talk is providing free on-site presentations on the benefits of coaching and how creating a coaching culture can propel positive change in your organization. To reserve a date, kindly email Peter James at firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact him at (312) 291-1118.
Submission of Partnership Application
Applications for the pro bono coaching partnerships can be submitted through 12 p.m. on Friday, April 10th, 2019.
Organizations and companies of any size or status are eligible to apply.
ICF Chicago is looking at the entities need and overall impact that coaching will provide.
All assigned coaches are credentialed with ICF and are a member of the Chicago chapter. They each follow the ICF Code of Ethics which includes confidentiality.
Each member of your entity who is assigned a coach will be provided with four (4) coaching sessions. Most coaching sessions happen either weekly or bi-weekly depending on the need of the individual. They will happen virtually, unless otherwise agreed on between the coach and the individual.
Coaching is most effective if:
• It is not forced upon a person; that they are open to coaching
• The individual has a goal(s) that they are looking to accomplish
• It is understood that coaching is not therapy, counseling, or consulting
Entities will be notified about partnerships on or before April 15, 2019.
For more questions on partnering with ICF Chicago please contact Arika Clark Alejo (773) 609-0555 or via email at email@example.com
For more information on coaching and resources:
ICF Chicago Chapter
The Value of Coaching Video
Building a Coaching Culture
Why Partner with a Coach
Code of Ethics for ICF Coaches